Friday, January 23, 2009

Fighters, happiness


When the fighters are all around

All the lovers are underground

No one will save you anymore

So what's happening, what you rapping about?

It's a boy. Is it cars? Is it girls? Is it money?

The world?


Or is it something they can never believe?

Or is it something you can never achieve?
Is it

Beyond your means?

Is it

Inside your dreams?

Can it

Never come out cause it's scared to

Unprepared to

Too worried about the words of the people it's weird to

You don't want them to hear you

You just wish there was a door that would appear that you can go disappear through

Well I'm feeling your pain

I was feeling the same

But I said I'd never feel that again

- Lupe Fiasco



Good song, lol

Anyway now to the happiness part
I've come to realise something that was always there, but never really appeared to me before. I've come to a point in my life where I found myself asking what is the meaning of life. Very spiritual i know. lol
Is it essentially the pursuit of happiness?
I've seen the movie and my answer kind of relates to it.
I asked myself this because i was in the shops today and i see a father and his 2 children, Father was later 30s maybe and his kids were under 10. They were buying video games, which we all know cost bloody heaps just for a disc or cartridge some guy threw together. Anyway the stuff costs well over a hundred dollars and the guy paid with this credit card. As I watched him sign his hard earned money away in 20 times less time that it took to earn it, i thought to myself "holy shit" i used to put my parents through the exact same thing and i will have to do the same for my kids. So why do we do this? Because we love our kids obviously and the pursuit of happiness. Is that what were put on this world for? To be born, raise children, live happily so that they can do the same? I don't even know if most of the stuff im saying even makes sense. I'm jsut writing it as it appears in my head. It might be poorly structured etc. Kind of a sad realisation considering im 16 and have just found this out. I will add more later if more comes to me.

2 comments:

the annie-gizer said...

don't think there are answers, but there must be more to life than getting married & having kids? Is that all there is to the next 50-60 years of life? And what if you're a workaholic? If work is all you ever know and do?

am still looking for the answers, so will def. tell you when i find out :)

Chunky said...

i guess so :)